Spend some time exercising everyday to optimise your health. Workout helps an individual tone the body, stay active, improve strength and build endurance. There are various exercises available, and it is your responsibility to choose the ones that will give the best results. We have consolidated some exercises below that will be effective when included in holistic weight loss programs. Perform them everyday or combine them with your regular workout to get into shape easily.
List of Effective Lower-Body Exercises
Lunges promote the body's functional movement by increasing the strength of the glutes and legs. It is a well-rounded exercise and challenges body balance. If you want an attractive butt and legs, consider performing lunges everyday.
- You can start doing lunges by standing with arms to your sides and feet wide as shoulders.
- Move one step forward and bend the other knee in a manner such that the thigh is parallel to the ground. Be careful not to extend the knees of the leg placed forward to go past its foot.
- Return to the starting position and then repeat on the other side. This is called one rep.
- Perform at least three sets of ten reps for best results.
Squats are a great workout for the lower body. It increases the hip and lower back flexibility. They engage the largest muscles in the body and burn a lot of calories. If you want to add resistance to the regular squats, try doing squats with a back kick or do a wide squat.
- Start with the arms to your sides and stand straight with the feet slightly wider than the width of your shoulders.
- Keep chin and chest up, bend your knees, brace the core and push the hips backwards. Perform the move as if you are going to sit on a chair.
- Make sure to place the thighs parallel to the ground and knees do not bow outwards or inwards. If you feel comfortable, bring your arms in front of you.
- Hold for one second and return to the starting position.
- Perform three sets of twenty reps everyday to see quick results.
3. Single Leg Deadlift
Single leg deadlifts are exercises to enhance leg strength and body stability. It is performed on one leg, and targets the hamstrings, gluteus maximus, gluteus medius, core and ankles. If you want to increase the difficulty level, you can grab a dumbbell and perform in the same manner.
- Start by standing straight with the knees bent slightly and holding the dumbbell in one hand.
- Hinge at the hip and kick the leg that is opposite to the hand holding the dumbbells. Kick them straight behind you backwards. Lower your body a little towards the ground.
- Stay in a controlled motion and slowly return to the starting position by squeezing the glute. Ensure that your pelvis is square to the ground while performing the exercise.
- Try doing ten to twelve reps and then move the dumbbells to the other hand. Repeat the same on the other side, and it is recommended to do three sets of ten to twelve reps.
4. Glute Bridge
The glute bridge is best to work the entire posterior chain of the body. It will help develop a perky booty.
- Start by lying on the floor, with the feet flat, knees bent, and arms to the sides with the palms facing down.
- Raise your hips off the ground by pushing through the heels and squeezing the hamstrings, glutes and core.
- Remember to hold the knees to the core in a straight line. Allow your shoulders and upper back in contact with the ground.
- Pause for one to two seconds at the topmost position.
- Go back to the starting position.
- Perform ten to twelve reps for three sets.
List of Efficient Upper Body Exercises
Push-ups are a basic yet effective bodyweight move. It recruits a large number of muscles and enhances cardiovascular health and promotes growth.
- Start performing the exercise in plank position.
- Have the neck neutral, core tight, and shoulders pulled back. Remember to have the elbows close to the body.
- Lower your body to the floor by bending your elbows.
- Once your chest grazes the floor, return to the starting position by extending the elbows.
- Try doing three sets of as many reps as possible.
2. Standing Overhead Dumbbell Press
A standing overhead dumbbell press is one of the best exercises for the shoulders. It engages the core and upper back effectively.
- Choose dumbbells of less weight and start in a standing position. Have your feet wide as your shoulders and move the weight overhead.
- Ensure that your arms are parallel to the floor.
- Brace your core and have the neck and head stationery.
- Once your arms are extended fully above the head, hold it for one or two seconds.
- Bend the elbows and lower the weight until the triceps are parallel to the floor.
- Perform three sets of twelve reps.
3. Dumbbell Rows
Dumbbell rows are a compound exercise to strengthen various muscles in the upper body. It burns more calories and reduces fat effectively.
- Start by having a dumbbell in each hand.
- Bend forwards such that your back makes a forty-five-degree angle with the ground.
- Do not arch the back. Ensure that your cores are engaged, arms hanging down, and the neck is in line with the back.
- Bend your elbow and pull the dumbbell towards your chest.
- Ensure to stop slightly below the chest and return to the starting position.
- Perform three sets of ten reps for best results.
List of Best Core Exercises
Planks are the effective and simple workout to target the abdominal muscle. It stabilises the core without straining the back. Planks benefit the body by promoting a healthy posture, improving flexibility, strengthening the core and enhancing body coordination and balance.
- Start in a push-up posture with the toes and hands firmly planted on the floor.
- Ensure that your back is straight and the core is tight.
- Keep gazing in front of your hands with the chin tucked.
- Maintain and engage the entire body, abs, triceps, shoulders, quads and glutes by taking controlled and deep breaths.
- Perform two to three sets with thirty-second holds.
2. Side Planks
A core-specific movement like the side plank keeps the body healthy with a strong core. You will need a good mind-muscle connection along with controlled movements to complete this particular exercise successfully. The side plank pose is a challenging workout that improves body balance and strength.
- Lie to one side with one forearm on the ground and feet stacked over.
- Make sure that your elbow is placed directly under the shoulder.
- Stiffen the spine by contracting your core.
- Lift your knees off the ground and lift your hip to form a straight line.
- Return to the starting position slowly in a controlled manner.
- Perform three sets on one side with ten to fifteen reps and then switch to the other side.
You will be able to create a perfect workout routine with the above list of exercises. Transform your body by including these workouts in your regime and strengthen various parts of the body. GETFit360 is a premium fitness centre in Chennai with various holistic weight loss programs, easy-to-follow diet plans, and scientifically proven methods. Our strategies are well-structured, effective, enjoyable and safe and are modified to suit clients' fitness levels.