Diabetes does not result from overindulging in sweets. Rather, it is a lifestyle disorder caused by a variety of factors, including poor nutrition, a sedentary lifestyle, and improper diet. For this reason, doctors recommend following a healthy diet and exercising regularly to help control diabetes. Uncontrolled diabetes will eventually lead to severe and irreversible complications, and in severe cases, even death.
Featured in this article are some inspirational weight loss diet tips and exercise suggestions from the best online trainer for weight loss. For those who do not have diabetes, this article is a great guide to preventing it.
How To Maintain Healthy Blood Sugar Levels Through Exercise?
Switching to a healthier diet and getting more physical activity are two major steps for controlling diabetes. But there are also other aspects to be controlled. Maintaining your mental well-being is one of these aspects. Interestingly, exercising keeps stress hormones in check and feel-good hormones actively flowing. Physical activity is, therefore, the best remedy to keep your blood sugar level in check.
Also Read : Ways To Manage Your Food Cravings Easily
As one of the first steps to avoid diabetes, online trainers for weight loss and fitness coaches often recommend walking habits. Minor physical activities are also believed to produce noticeable results.
You can keep diabetes in check by engaging in the following physical activities.
- Take a walk after lunch and dinner for about 20-30 minutes. This accelerates digestion, allowing people with diabetes to absorb excess sugar more quickly.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator. This small change will keep you active all day long.
- Park your car far away from your office. Physical activity is a simple way to get more exercise in a sedentary job.
Follow a few recommendations from online trainers for weight loss for a healthy fitness routine once you have successfully implemented these small changes.
- Swimming: Ideal whole body workout for diabetic individuals as it does not put much pressure on joints.
- Walking: It is a great aerobic exercise that improves the heart rate.
- Weight training: Resistance training or weight training maintains blood sugar and also helps build muscle mass.
Keeping blood sugar levels in check requires maintaining an ideal weight. Fitness trainers online provide great programs that keep the body weight under control through consistent exercise and a strict diet plan. Also, this ensures that the blood sugar levels do not spike or fluctuate.
Controlling Diabetes Through Nutrition-Rich Diets
Taking in nutrient-rich foods can help prevent the damage to nerves caused by diabetes. Patients with diabetic neuropathy can experience slow reflexes, reduced feedback, and an inability to control their movements. The fibre in food ensures that the body converts sugar gradually, preventing a spike in blood sugar. Barley, oats, whole wheat, millets, buckwheat, legumes, fruits, and vegetables are the best fibre-rich foods.
To maintain optimal blood sugar levels, nutritionists recommend the following essential nutritional tips.
- Include whole grains into the diet
- Intake lean meat, eggs and vegetables
- Eliminate processed foods and sugary drinks from your diet
- Reduce sugar intake
- Eat a balanced meal
Diet tips for diabetic patients
You can never ignore the importance of a balanced diet for preventing type 2 diabetes. Overindulging in unhealthy foods and eating out of order can undermine your efforts to lose weight and control your blood sugar levels. Nevertheless, following a strict diet is not difficult. Below are some tips that people with diabetes must follow.
- Avoid overindulging in food.
- Include a gap of at least three hours to prevent Hypoglycemia. This ensures a regulated blood sugar level in the body.
- Keep the midday meal healthy and light.
- Add plenty of fruits, nuts, and sprouts to mid-day meals or brunch.
- Avoid long gaps between meals. The result of this is Hyperglycemia or high blood sugar, which can cause dizziness and, in extreme cases, lead to death.
- Increase water intake to regulate blood thickness. An excessive amount of sugar increases blood viscosity and can cause major health complications.
Choosing the right diet and exercising regularly is the key to controlling diabetes. You can always get trained under an expert online trainer for weight loss to maintain normal blood sugar levels. Furthermore, try to incorporate more positive changes in your lifestyle. Over time, this will help tremendously in controlling diabetes and reducing your medication requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Define the safe and healthy blood sugar range?
It is considered normal when the blood sugar level is less than 140mg/dL or 7.8mmol/L. However, a reading of over 200 mg/dL (11.1mmol/L) after eating indicates diabetes. Similarly, those with blood sugar readings between 140 mg/dL and 199 mg/dL must be extremely careful as the reading indicates pre-diabetes.
2. Can drinking a large amount of water lower my blood sugar level?
You're right. When your blood sugar level is too high, your body tries to flush out excess sugar through your urine. Water helps dilute extra glucose in the blood and maintains healthy blood sugar levels. You may also need extra fluids to hydrate your body.
3. How do I prevent diabetes?
Diabetes can be prevented by maintaining a normal blood sugar level and nominal cholesterol and blood pressure. Additionally, you should maintain a healthy weight to reduce your risk of diabetes. Make sure you eat a healthy, balanced diet, regularly exercise, and avoid smoking to keep your weight under control.
4. How does a controlled diabetic diet work?
Typical diabetic diets involve controlling the amount of carbohydrates or glucose in your diet. It would help if you tracked your carbohydrate intake at every meal. Monitoring your carbohydrate intake can help you adjust the insulin dosage.
5. Is it possible to control Type 1 diabetes through diet?
Yes. Type 1 diabetes patients must keep a close eye on what they eat and drink. Keep your blood sugar level in check by taking your insulin promptly. This will prevent health complications and harmful effects.